Monday, February 23, 2009

Fun night with a sweet family






There was a good friend I had in High School that I lost touch with and I haven't seen him in 13 years or so and he popped into my head. I googled him and came up with an address in the San Diego area, but no phone number or email or facebook. Wasn't sure how to get a hold of him. So 2 days later I am driving and I look over and see him! So I start waving my hands like a maniac and honking and I'm sure he thinks I am a lunatic and has no idea who I am! I swerve over and wave him over so that we can say hi and exchange phone numbers. Nope, he keeps driving because again he thinks I am a lunatic and why would he pull over. So several weeks later he pops into my head again and I resolve to go ahead and write a letter (even if it is old school) because I don't know how else to get a hold of him. I go to a store that night and low and behold my long-lost friend walks up to me- coincidence, I think not! He and his beautiful wife and baby were there and they are a lovely family. We had them over for dinner and had so much fun. What a spiritual and sweet family. We look forward to many years of friendship between our families. My LLF (long lost friend- secret identity just in case he doesn't want their names plastered all over my blog) is hilarious, above is a picture of him doing Fancy Nancy stickers with Isabelle. He humored Nicolas and his knock knock jokes. His wife is a sweetheart and Isabelle kept a very close watch over their sweet baby. Luc walked around saying "baby, baby" and kept trying to give her kisses.

1 comment:

Shannon and Andrew said...

Oh I am jealous. It would of been fun to all be together. I am glad you ran into him. Now we need to convert him to FB.