Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The sweetest thing

My son said the sweetest thing last night, so sweet in fact that I had to change an earlier post's name from free birth control to one crazy day. I would never trade my kids for anything (and I have been feeling guilty about the original title).

So we have all been super sick- the stomach flu, sinus, sore throat, cough, conjunctivitis in both Isabelle's eyes and ear (who knew?), flu bug etc. I really needed to hear something sweet. Last night I showered Nicolas and when he got his towel around him he said "Mama, remember a long time ago when you used to cuddle me after I got out of the bath, I liked that." So I said "Come here baby, I'll cuddle you." So I cuddled him. He made happy, content noises. Then he looked up at me and said "I hope I am not getting you wet." Once he was in his warm cozy pjs he came up to me and said "Mama, cuddling with you is better than anything, it's better than a ride at Legoland!" Ahhhh yes, these are the moments that make being a mother absolutely worth it.

As I am writing this post he just woke up and came down and started unloading the dishwasher without being asked (before even getting his breakfast). He told me the other day that I am the best mommy and that he is glad I am his mom. Someday, I hope I will live up to that. Who could ask for a better 6 year old son! I love you Nicolas!

1 comment:

Shannon and Andrew said...

Those are the days that make being a mom worth all the other headaches