Saturday, March 1, 2008

Okay, so it's been awhile




Isabelle started preschool for a few months- to add a little balance. I really love this preschool. I know many people who have sent their kids here and loved it. The typicals (normally functioning kids) are mixed with special needs kids to develop a compassion early on. They also have a very structured preschool program- the teachers have been there forever and it's just wonderful. There is this adorable girl in Isabelle's class who cannot straighten out her arms and cannot walk on her feet so she walks on her knees with her arms straight out and she always has the most brilliant smile- I smile just thinking about her. We take so many things for granted, don't we?

I am currently gluten-free, which means I cook all of the time. I am blessed to live in this day and age where there are resources. I am receiving acupunture, working out, and have become taxi mom between karate, piano, preschool etc.

Luc is starting to get up on all fours and rock back and forth and he shakes his head no! He grabs everything in sight and loves to smile.

Isabelle is learning so much, she loves girly things and always compliments me on my hair, outfit, perfume. She loves to help me clean- bless her.

Nicolas is a clown and a peacemaker (when he is not stirring up trouble). He is very responsible. The other day at my Nana's he pulled weeds for quite awhile for her and when she encouraged him to come inside he told her he wanted to do a few more. When she offered him a dollar for his service, "He said, No thanks I can't take your money" she finally twisted his arm and he took the dollar. When she asked him if he wanted frosted flakes he said "Just because my mom's not here doesn't mean I don't do what she says, I think she would rather me have Mighty Bites." Gotta love that kid! He also informed me that since treats are not that good for his body he will now be having treats every other day!

2 comments:

C Smoot said...

Hey Karina,
In case you're looking for some yummy gluten-free recipes, I came across this one from one of my friend's foodie blogroll.
http://www.glutenguide.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Isabelle, you are getting so grown up! We miss you.