Dear Friends and Family,
I am emailing this to everyone in my address book which may include a few people I haven’t seen or talked to in a while, church friends, and also people from various sports teams that the boys have been on, so if you don’t want to get anymore updates on this particular situation just delete this email. After this blanket email anymore communications will be to those I know are interested who email me back, as well as family and church. You don’t have to email me back to help out, only if you want to be updated on things.
Our good friends AJ and Teri Andrus lost their home in the fires on Sunday Oct 25th. They lived in Dulzura, which is East County near Barrett Junction. Just 2 months to the day before that their 10 month old baby girl, Bethany, died of a heart condition. One month before that, AJ had a heart attack. At the beginning of the year Teri and her boys were in a rollover car accident totaling their vehicle, but fortunately no damage to the passengers. They have had a particularly rough year spending most of it at the hospital with their baby. They did not own their home as it was Grandma’s and they were staying there to help with the livestock. Therefore they did not have insurance on it and everything in it. Their three wonderful children they have now, they fostered and then adopted just a few years ago and are very grateful for. Someone is bringing them a motor home to stay in on the property while they try and figure things out.
I have set up a donation fund account for them at Wells Fargo. If you would like to help them please donate to this fund. Just go to Wells Fargo bank and give them a check made out to “Teri and AJ Andrus Family Benefit Donation Fund.” or you can give it to me and I can deposit it. Every little bit helps.
I am also looking for donations of other kinds for when they may get to rebuild. We have a lot of home builders in our church and I am asking if you will think about what you might be able to do to help, and ask your contractors what they might be able to do. At some point they may need materials and labor.
Also, donations of other kinds such as house wares, (kitchen supplies, beds, bedding, towels, furniture, decorations, etc.) and clothes, socks, undies, shoes, toys, CD’s, DVDs, electronics, etc.
As they have no where to put this stuff yet I will be accepting donations and putting them in storage for them. (I don’t know where yet, but I’ll figure that out.)
Sizes:
Girl age: 15, 6ft tall
Shoe: 12 womens, 11 mens
Shirt: XL
Pants: 14
Boy age: 8
Shirts: 10
Pants: 10 slim
Shoes: 2- 1/2 – 3
Boy Age: 6
Shirts: 8
Pants: 8 slim
Shoes: 13-1/2- 1w
Likes legos, starwars, cars,etc.
Mom
Shoe: 9- ½
Loves crafts, quilting, partylite candles, sewing, etc.
Dad
Shoe: 9- 9-1/2 w
Likes padres, chargers, animals (their dog, we think their cat died in the fire as she hid and wouldn’t come out.L)



1 comment:
Hi Karina,
I just read this today. Poor family. They must be really strong. Do they still need things for their home? I have some extra dishes and maybe a couple of other things. Please let me know and I can take them to your house. It would be a good excuse to see you. :) It's so nice of you to do all that for them. Thank you.
Post a Comment